Skip to content
Annual School Improvement Plan
Report on progress towards the school’s ASIP goals for 2017
- The school was successful in implementing whole-school programs in Literacy and Numeracy. Diana Rigg Spelling, Cars and Stars Comprehension program and
Oxford Maths programs are now embedded in the teaching and learning practices of the school.
- The staff implemented a peer-to-peer feedback model in 2017. Feedback mechanism to be reviewed again in 2018 to ensure effectiveness.
- An ‘Explicit Direct Instruction’ model of teaching was trialled by all teachers in 2017. Some classes embraced this approach more than others. In 2018, we will
continue to work towards a shared vision and approach to teaching and learning.
- Increasing parent engagement in Sacramental celebrations remains an ongoing challenge, with little positive change occurring in 2017.
- A ‘Playground Working Committee’ was successfully formed and the school was able to begin the construction of two nature playground areas in the school. These
areas need to continue to be enhanced in 2018, with a new committee formed to determine the next steps.
- The MJR and PBs programs have been embraced by all at the school and have become an important element of school culture.